Ok , so I made this in my English class out of boredom, there was no one it had not started yet ! So we had a substitute that day, a really cute guy, and he walks in, stare at the class then at the board, then at the class again, he seemed amazed and goes :
“Who wrote ”Fuck You” in circular gallifreyan , I don’t know if I should kiss you or send you to detention ”
So… One of my entries for the Baronial Arts and Sciences was a Relic. ‘The (stolen, possibly fake) Relic of Saint Dictus’. Yes, that’s a dildo inside the reliquary, and the Pilgrim Tokens are what you think they are.
Entered it under the ‘Decorative Arts’ catagory, because really, what else do you enter a Relic in? Was informed that it was disqualified because it’s not a decorative art, and that I should have entered it under ‘Research’, with the Relic as a visual aid. *shrugs* It was the first A&S I’d ever entered, didn’t realise that my Documentation skills are good.
-Did win First Place for the ‘Shenanigans’ Category, which was created today.
Documentation can be found here. Pictures are included on how the Relic was found, NFWS due to the nature of the Relic.
cat fell inside a bag full of plastic balls
Okay, the exciting news time.
BIGASS BJD CONVENTION. Please take a minute to answer the survey in the thread if you’re thinking you’ll want to come. :)
I’m really excited about it because I have wanted to…
One of my friends got chased by little piggies during his bike ride
After hearing about the blog “fuckyeahreadmores”, I’m urging my followers to refrain from tagging their personal posts as “personal” or “read more”. Choose a more unique phrase that can’t be easily searched for, because for some reason there are sick fucks out there searching the ‘read more’ tag.
Blue Crowned Pigeon
…one day, some pigeons decided peacocks got too much attention. And that they should take lessons from them.
So it’s done! Yay!
I had the top stitching and binding done by Sherri Wallaert in Portland. You can find the lining fabric that I used here. I had the “Police Public Call Box” and the text of the telephone box printed at Spoonflower (and I made them available).
Here are some photos I took along the way. My followers may have seen some of these, but I want to document the process for posterity, and maybe explain a few things….
Click through for cola82’s brilliant account of the making of her TARDIS quilt.
good god damn
Ohhhhhh, how I LOVE quilting! And lookit that TOPSTITCH! *happy sigh*
Calm Bottle (aka Glitter Jar)
Goal: Anger management; Decreasing anxiety, fear, etc.; Aggression/anxiety physical release
- Container: This is typically made with a glass mason jar, but since I often make these with children I use water bottles with smooth sides.
- One bottle of clear glue (not white glue that dries clear), corn syrup, or glitter glue. I like using regular glue so I don’t have to deal with the hot water since I make these in my office.
- Water: It can be room temperature if you use regular glue but should be hot if glitter glue is used. If the water is not hot enough then the glitter will become clumpy and separate.
- Glitter: I use mostly super fine glitter with a little regular sized. I sometimes add sequins, beads, shells, plastic jewels, etc. Glow in the dark glitter looks really cool if you can find it. Less (or even none) is needed with glitter glue bottles
-Food coloring: This is optional. Only use one drop or it becomes difficult to see the glitter.
- Strong glue or duct tape: This is used to fasten the lid to the container. I like using colored duct tape.
- Making a Calm Bottle (clear glue or corn syrup): Fill the bottle 3/4 of the way full with water. Then add the glue (or corn syrup) and glitter. The more glue you use, the longer it will take the glitter to fall. I usually use the whole bottle. Add 1 drop of food coloring, if desired, and then glue/tape the lid on.
- Making a Calm Bottle (glitter glue): Instead of clear glue you can use glitter glue. If you go this rout then mix the glitter glue in a bowl with very hot water before adding it to the bottle. If the water is not hot enough then the glue will clump up and not work. You can add 1 drop of food color and additional glitter is desired.
-Using a Calm Bottle: I definitely suggest making this with your client, rather than for them. It is fun to make, they can personalize it, it will mean more to them and they will be much more likely to use it. When your client becomes upset, angry, frustrated, anxious, etc., direct them to shake the bottle vigorously as long as they want as an aggression/anxiety physical release activity. When they are finished they set the bottle down and watch the glitter fall as they use their favorite coping tool and/or deep breathing exercise.
-Other uses: This is a common coping tool used for people who self-harm and is easily adaptable to many clinical issues. I have also used this as a coping tool + timer for kids who are transitioning into sleeping in their own bed or have trouble focusing and are taking long breaks during homework. It is a highly adaptable to numerous therapeutic goals.
I call this one the “Doppleganger cannon”A lot of people were noticing certain similarities to my BFG…enough similarities that a lot of people thought I had made this. I didn’t. No BFG from me this year because I couldn’t carry it due to some rather hurty back issues. But, it was pretty evident that the creator had to have seen mine and one-upped me in the size dept….That’s O.K…Challenge accepted. But I won’t go bigger since this one already caused size headaches for the con staff…..I’m going more elaborate and I may just let my fangs show a bit next year. The tickets are purchased, the plans are underway (and evil!)…..
…That BFG isn’t a gun, its a CANNON. And not really a portable one either - I swear I could have hidden in that black compartment.
For me to do the swirls and lines on Dreamer outfits to go with the moon I had already done. I’m adding a new size to my charts - since I’ve seen some people needing an even smaller size for their projects - and you get to see a preview of that size here.
Moon is 10” (I advise adding 5 stitches/1” of the background color on each side?); the swirls and lines patterns are 10” wide.
This size is 6” wide.
New size, the moon here is 3” square, and the swirls and lines are 3” wide. The gray line on the swirls is for an optional (but recommended) embroidery of the background color to separate the curl.
I’m posting this here now, but it will be also available within a collection of other new Homestuck charts.
Any other requests?